At our permanent housing properties throughout Tucson we offer support services. Our staff works directly with tenants to connect them to resources to help maintain housing and achieve self-sufficiency.
Tenant Services staff at CAH are community liaisons and offer support services such as:
- Meet and Greets — Introducing tenants to our property and surrounding community, we take the time to get to know our neighbors.
- Food Security — Operating emergency food pantries and coordinating tenant run food markets.
- Financial Assistance — Referring and advocating with tenants to access emergency financial assistance from surrounding community agencies.
- Employment Readiness & Volunteer Opportunities — Working with tenants to build a resume and part take in job readiness activities or encouraging tenants to engage with our onsite events as planners as participants.
- Legal Aid and Special Circumstances — Connecting tenants to organizations that can help with rights restoration, warrant quashing, and fine reduction. Collaborating with tenants to seek out additional support services to help achieve self-sufficiency.
- Referrals to Community Services
- Advocacy to ensure the third party services and available and effective.
The primary function of Tenant Services is to effectively assist and empower tenants to enhance the quality of their daily lives and to more fully and successfully participate in the educational and economic mainstream. The inclusion of support services in a permanent housing setting, which caters specifically to the population residing there, provides many opportunities for us to create and/or find new and different options for tenants and to help maintain a stable housing community. CAH takes the extra step to help households maintain their housing. Since our concern is two-fold, the tenant and the community, we focus on helping tenants stabilize on many levels so that they can become active participants in their community and in the local economy.